- The Exhibitor agrees to (i) obey by laws, by-laws, ordinances and regulations governing use of the facility and operation of the Expo, (ii) abide by the rules and regulations of the city, fire and police departments and of any other government or regulatory body having authority to regulate the facility and the Expo, and (iii) obey all laws, including those pertaining to health and safety, consumer protection and protection of visitors of the Expo.
- The Exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules and regulations governing the Expo established from time to time by Self Reliance Expo, including rules and regulations set forth in the Exhibitor Manual.
- The Exhibitor agrees to observe, to the extent applicable, all union contracts and labor relations agreements in force (i) between services to the facility, and (ii) governing companies operating in the facility in which Expo is taking place.
- The Exhibitor agrees to obtain, at its own expense, any licenses or permits which are required for the operation of its trade or business during the term of the Expo and to pay all taxes, including all applicable sales taxes, of any nature or kind that may be levied against it as a result of the operation of its trade or business in its contracted space.
- The Exhibitor agrees not to conduct or be associated with any promotional contests held at or in connection with the Expo unless (i) the Exhibitor satisfies Self Reliance Expo requirement that the Contest is being operated in accordance with applicable laws; and (ii) the prior written consent of Self Reliance Expo is obtained.
- The playing, performing, reproduction, broadcasting or other use at the Expo of any music, materials, processes and dramatic rights that is the subject of any third party copyright, trademark, industrial design, patent or other intellectual property right, by the Exhibitor or its agents, representatives or employees is prohibited without the express written consent of Self Reliance Expo. The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and save harmless Self Reliance Expo, et al and the facility (and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, insurers, agents, representatives and those for whom the Exhibitors are responsible in law) against any and all claims, losses, liabilities and damages (including legal fees and expenses) costs and charges arising from or as a result of any unauthorized use of any work by Exhibitor, its agents, representatives, employees, and those for whom the Exhibitor is responsible in law.
- The Exhibitor agrees to occupy the contracted exhibit space during Expo hours and to sell, promote, or advertise only the product and services described in their Vendor Application.
SELF RELIANCE EXPO RIGHTS
- Self Reliance Expo reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion to: (I) determine the eligibility of Exhibitors which Self Reliance Expo considers objectionable, inappropriate, disruptive, offensive to Self Reliance Expo, other Exhibitors or Expo attendees; (iii) change or modify the layout of the Expo and/or relocate exhibits or Exhibitors; (iv) cancel, in whole or in part, the Expo due to an event of force majeure; or (v) change the date, location and duration of the Expo without any liability to Self Reliance Expo.
- Self Reliance Expo shall have the right to establish and amend, or modify, any regulations governing use of the facility and the Expo.
ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTING
The Exhibitor shall not assign any rights or sublet space under this agreement without the prior written permission of the Self Reliance Expo, which permission may be withheld in Self Reliance Expo’s sole discretion.
The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Self Reliance Expo, et al, the facility, their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees against all claims, losses, liability, damages (including legal fees and expenses), costs and charges of every kind resulting from (i) its occupancy of the exhibit space and/or its environs, (ii) the use of equipment or devices furnished to or used by the Exhibitor or other persons in connection with the Expo, and (iii) personal injuries, death, property damages or any other damage sustained by the Exhibitor, Self Reliance Expo, et al, the facility, Expo sponsors, or a visitor to the Expo and their respective directors, officers, agents, representatives and employees or those for whom the Exhibitor is responsible in law.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
- The Exhibitor shall obtain and maintain at its own expense a comprehensive general liability and all risk property insurance policy acceptable to Self Reliance Expo for the period commencing on the first move-in date and terminating on the last move-out date. The policy shall name Self Reliance Expo as loss insured and insure the Exhibitor against all claims of any kind arising from or in any way connected with the Exhibitor’s presence or operations at the Expo. The policy shall provide coverage of at least $1,000,000 for each separate occurrence. At the request of Self Reliance Expo, the Exhibitor shall provide Self Reliance Expo with a copy of such policy.
- The Exhibitor is responsible to insure its own exhibit, personnel, display and materials from any damage or loss through theft, fire, accident or other cause and accepts all risks associated with the use of the exhibit space and its environs. The Exhibitor shall not make any claim or demand or take any legal action, whatsoever, against Self Reliance Expo, the Show sponsors, or the facility in which the Show is held, for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused, to the Exhibitor, its officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees or their respective property.
- Neither Self Reliance Expo, et al nor the facility will assume liability for loss or damage through any cause, of equipment, products, goods, exhibits or other materials owned, rented or leased by the Exhibitor.
- Booth construction and signage must be exhibited in accordance to the rules and regulations pertaining to the Exhibitor’s booth type and as outlined in the Exhibitor Manual.
- Signs in linear booths may not exceed the 8ft. height of the pipe & drape.
- Signs must be one sided, and not face into another exhibitor’s booth.
- No handwritten signs allowed – use professional signs only.
- The Exhibitor agrees that no display will be dismantled or goods removed during the term
of the Show, but will remain intact until the end of the final closing hour on the last show day or incur a fine of $500. The Exhibitor also agrees to remove its display and equipment from the Expo site by the final move-out day, and in the event of a failure to do so, or failure to return the allocated space to the same condition as the move-in date, the Exhibitor agrees to pay for any additional costs and expenses incurred by Self Reliance Expo.
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- The Exhibitor shall have the right to cancel this agreement by notice in writing to be delivered to Self Reliance Expo no later than sixty (60) days preceding the opening date of Show. All deposits received by Self Reliance Expo up to the date of notice of cancellation are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the the event that the Exhibitor (i) notifies Self Reliance Expo less than sixty (60) days preceding the opening date of the Show that it wishes to cancel this agreement; (ii) fails to make payments in accordance with the payment schedule set out herein; or (iii) except as otherwise permitted herein, fails to appear at the Expo, Self Reliance Expo reserves the right to: (iv) cancel this license agreement without notice and all rights of the Exhibitor hereunder shall shall cease and terminate; (v) retain any payment made by the Exhibitor as liquidated damages (and not as a penalty) for breach of this agreement; (vi) re-rent the said space; and (vii) bring action against the Exhibitor for payment of the full cost of space originally licensed from Self Reliance Expo.
- If the Exhibitor violates or breaches any other terms or conditions of this agreement, all payments made by the Exhibitor and all amounts due to Self Reliance Expo shall be deemed earned by Self Reliance Expo and all deposits received shall be non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event of any violation or breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement, Self Reliance Expo shall have the right to immediately occupy the space of the violating and/or breaching Exhibitor and to utilize it in any manner Self Reliance Expo deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, re-licensing its use to another Exhibitor. The Exhibitor shall not be entitled to any offset or mitigation of the amount due under this agreement as a result of the use of or payment for the space by another exhibitor in the Expo.
- Each covenant by the Exhibitor contained herein is material and of the essence of this agreement and violation of any term or condition hereof by the Exhibitor shall be a default of the entire agreement entitling Self Reliance Expo to immediately and without notice revoke the privileges granted to the Exhibitor and take possession of the space of the defaulting Exhibitor. Any such revocation of the license granted herein shall be without prejudice by Self Reliance Expo to make any claim for damages or enforcement of the payment of any amounts due pursuant to the terms hereof.
In the event that (i) the facility in which the Expo is to be held is destroyed or becomes unavailable for occupancy (ii) Self Reliance Expo is unable to permit the Exhibitor to occupy the facility or the space or (iii) if the Expo is canceled or curtailed, for any reasons beyond the control of Self Reliance Expo, including but not limited to, casualty, explosion, fire, lightning, flood, weather, epidemic, earthquake or other Acts of God, acts of public enemies, riots, or civil disturbances, strike, lockout or boycott, Self Reliance Expo will not be responsible for any loss of business, loss of profits, consequential or special damages or expenses of whatsoever nature that the Exhibitor may suffer.
- Waiver by Self Reliance Expo of any breach of any term or provision of this agreement by the Exhibitor shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision thereof.
- No alterations or variations of the terms of this agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by each of the parties hereto.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the governing jurisdiction in which the Expo is held.